ITSOWEL's 2019 Board of Members
Standing left to right:
Luigi Spanalatte, Giuseppe Orlandi, Gerry Frino, Neil Reilly – Vice President, Alessandro Frino – President, Giovanna Cardamone – Executive Officer, Giuseppe Pellegrino – Treasurer, Carmine Zarrella – Secretary, Mafalda Marasco. Absent – Warwick Hansen
Who we are
In 1971 a branch of Co.As.It began operating in Wollongong. In July 1984 an incorporated organisation was established under the Companies (NSW) Code and began operating as Italian Social Welfare Organisation of Wollongong (ItSoWel). It is directed by a voluntary Board of Management which is elected annually. Services provided include; Home Care Packages (HCPs) and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services; both funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Our objectives are;
* To support frail, older people to stay living on their own homes as long as they can and wish to do so
* To support family and other primary care givers in their role
* To operate ITSOWEL in an effective, efficient and accountable manner in partnership with our consumers and staff
Our vision is to be a quality provider of culturally appropriate services to maintain frail aged people, including those with dementia, specifically of Italian-speaking background whilst welcoming all Australians to continue living in their own homes and actively participating within their community, including the promotion and maintenance of Italian language and culture.
ITSOWEL believe in:
* The right of people to make informed choices and maintain their independence in their own lives
* The right of people to dignity, respect, privacy and confidentiality
* The right of people to be valued as individuals
* The right of people to access services on a non-discriminatory basis, and
* The right of the community to receive accountable and responsive services.